Nationally recognized Health Coach Week starts tomorrow. More women are finding the value in working with a health coach to prevent or live with chronic stress-related health issues. Women are taking control of their health. They know that their doctor doesn’t have the time to work with them to make the changes they need to be in balance and function optimally.
There are some people who just don’t need the help of a health coach. Does this fit you?
1. You feel amazing. You wake up before your alarm clock, jump out of bed and have energy throughout the day. Your body is in balance and functioning optimally.
2. You are in tune with your body. You pay attention to the signals your body gives you. You notice when you need to eat and don’t over eat. You can feel the tiny stiffness and know you need to stretch. You get plenty of sleep. You listen to what your body is telling you it needs.
3. You have set health priorities and schedule them into your calendar. You know what you need to do to feel your best. Your create priorities around them. You schedule them and follow through on a regular basis.
4. You know what you need to eat. You have completed an elimination diet and figured out what you are sensitive to. You don’t eat those foods. You eat balanced meals of protein, quality fats and complex carbs. You aren’t confused by the constant “new” information about what foods are healthy and which aren’t.
5. You don’t get sugar cravings. Sugar is something you really only eat when it comes in a whole, natural food like a banana. As a matter of fact your never really crave anything. You eat when you are hungry and stop when you are 80% full.
6. You have a movement and exercise schedule and stick to it. You know how much movement your body needs…not too little and not too much. You enjoy exercising and your body moves easily. You stretch daily. You don’t sit for too long.
7. You know how to manage your stress levels. You know deep breathing exercises and use them throughout the day. You take time to pray and meditate on a regular basis to allow you body to move into a parasympathetic state of relaxation and calm.
8. You know how much sleep you need on a regular basis. You have a set sleep schedule that you rarely deviate from and wake most mornings at the same time, without an alarm.
9. You have an amazing support group for your health. You have friends who help you figure out what you need to tweak when you are starting down a less-than-healthy track. You are able to discuss the myriad of confusing health research that comes out. You don’t feel alone in your health journey.
10. You feel like you are in your 20s and not your real age. Your friends feel like they are aging, but you don’t. Others say they feel tired, are starting to forget things, are struggling with little aches and pains, and just feel the years in their age. Aging has been fun for you.
11. You are at your ideal weight. You don’t struggle with your weight. You look great and fit in all your clothes.
12. You got this. Your life, your physical and emotional health, your relationships, your career, everything is running just fine. You have control of your life.
I am celebrating this week, January 11 – 17, 2016. Finding the right health coach to join your health team when you need one, can be the key to getting your health in order. Schedule a 20-minute free phone session with me to see if health coaching is right for you.