When you want optimal health, learn these 30 truths for healthy living.
Part of my mission is to let women know they can take charge of their own health to achieve healthy living for optimal health. You don’t have to settle for little aches and pains, low energy, or hormonal imbalances. Little things can all add up and make a difference. Recently I was reading 50 Universal Truths That will Make You More Successful. It was written for someone pursuing a career. It inspired me to write down the truths I have learned about living a healthy life to achieve optimal health.
In no particular order 30 universal truths I learned in my life and studies to achieve optimal health.
30 Truths for Healthy Living
- Say yes more than you say no. Look for what you can do, add those into your diet, movement and self-care to crowd out the things that don’t help you be healthy.
2. Develop a passion for living an optimal health life. When you are passionate about something, you focus on it, and it becomes fun and easier to pursue.
3. Optimal health can not happen without nourishing whole foods, daily movement, and plenty of sleep,
4. If you can not be passionate about living your optimal health, then become passionate about your why. Do you want to be able to play with your grandkids? Do you have a bucket list you want to accomplish? Find your why and become passionate about it.
5. Surround yourself with others who are living an optimally healthy life. Your friends and acquaintances do affect what you do and how you live.
6. Start where you are. It doesn’t matter how healthy you are or how healthy you live. Start where you are. Don’t start where you want to be. It is impossible to be where you want to be except starting small, right where you are.
7. Do the easiest thing first. Think you can not live without bread. Don’t start there. Think you can live without your candy snack, then give that up. Think you will never run a mile? Don’t try. Think you can walk around the block…start there.
8. Realize that optimal health is different for everyone. It doesn’t mean you have no health issues or never get sick. It means your body runs as optimally as it can with its genetics, food available, physical limits, etc. Know that optimal is better than where you are right now in your life.
9. Spend your time on what can get you to optimal health. Is it spending time buying quality food? Is it cooking fancy dishes or easy, raw foods? Is it running for miles or doing strength training? Figure out what your body needs and spend the majority of your time giving it that nourishment.
10.Be patient with yourself as you try new things, eat new foods, find ways to move, learn new meditations, etc. Patience is a virtue that you will need. It took a while for you to learn to tie your shoes, why do you expect to learn a new way of healthy living and it being comfortable to you right away?
11. Focus on your strengths. Focus on your weaknesses is depressing and de-motivating. Work on your strengths. It is easier and more fun.
12. The only way to not give up is to try new things when you get bored. Loved yoga and now you don’t enjoy going? Try Tai Chi. Loved spinach but it feels like that is all you eat? Try swiss chard.
13. You will make mistakes. Think of yourself as a beginner in healthy living. Mistakes come with beginning anything.
14. Sleep is important for optimal health. There is a reason the sun doesn’t shine 24 hours a day. Get enough sleep for you.
15. It is almost impossible to live an optimally healthy life alone. Get some buddies, in person or online. Get support.
16. Insanity is doing something over and over but expecting different results. If something is not working for you, change.
17. What may be healthy for someone may not be healthy for you. We are all different in body, mind, and spirit. Find what is right and what works for you.
18. Pay attention to your body. It speaks to you. Listen, learn and grow.
19. It is hard to give yourself self-care and nourishment if you don’t like yourself. You are amazing. Learn to love yourself.
20. Let go of the shoulds and develop healthy dos.
21. There will always be others that eat better, look better, feel better. Don’t compare unless you compare yourself to what you were yesterday. Make that little improvement and be happy that you are moving forward.
22. There will never be a perfect time to start living healthy. Start now.
23. Lack of time is a blessing because you get to be creative in how you live your healthy life.
24. Treat optimal health as a journey. You will never get there. It is the journey of many steps forward and backward as you learn what optimal health is to you. There is no end point.
25. Find the joy in the journey toward optimal health. Don’t wait to be joyful until you get there. It will never happen. Joy really is in the journey. Enjoy the process.
26. No matter how healthy you become you can slip back to poor health. Guard your health as a precious treasure.
27. Slip-ups are inevitable along your journey. Plan for them. Accept them. Don’t dwell on them. Move forward.
28. Learn how to say no to temptations from well-meaning friends. Your health is more important than pleasing someone else. A true friend will support you.
29. Focus on what you want not what you don’t want. Your mind is powerful and when you focus on the wrong things those are what you will get.
30. Optimal health brings together mind, body, emotions, and spirit. Don’t neglect any part of your whole person.
There you have 30 truths about healthy living for optimal health.
Do you have any to add? Would love to hear if you agree or disagree with these. What am I missing?
Join Savvy Circle, a community of women for daily motivation and support…small steps toward healthy living.
Sunday Blog Hop Motivation Monday Linky
Motivational Monday Monday Funday
The Wednesday Showcase Healthy Living Link Party
The Cozy Reading Room Kind & Healthy Fridays
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop Saturday Sharefest
Healthy, Happy, Natural & Green Wise Woman Link Up
Waiting On Wednesday Little R&R Wednesdays
Pretty Pinterest Party Cooking and Crafting